Bananas are among the most important food crops on earth.
They originate from a group of plants considered Musa that is local to Southeast Asia and developed in a significant number of the hotter regions of the world.
Bananas are a good source of fiber, potassium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, and different cancer prevention agents and phytonutrients.
Numerous sorts and sizes exist. Their shading as a rule ranges from green to yellow, but some varieties are red.
This article tells you all about banana.
According to the US Department of Agriculture:
- A small banana (around 101 grams) contains 90 calories;
- A medium-sized banana (around 118 grams) contains 105 calories;
- And a large size banana(about 136 grams) contains 121 calories.
Calories alone don’t say much about the quality of the food. So let’s take a look at the banana nutrition facts, and where all of those calories are coming from.
- Carbs are fuel for our body and mind, and they present 90% of banana calories.
- Carbs are an umbrella term for the sugars, starches, and filaments, and the mix between these three predetermines the advantages they bring.
- The green banana contains more starch and less sugar which helps in reducing weight fast.
- 12 grams of sugar for every 100 grams of banana may terrify you, taking into account that the suggested day by day intake of sugar for a lady is 25 gm and 38 gm for men.
- Fiber is a sort of carbs our body can’t digest, and it’s acceptable quality.
- Only one normal size banana meets around 10 percent of the everyday fiber needs.
- It helps in slows down digestion and also helps in low cholesterol levels, which makes you feel full for longer.
- An adult needs to consume 0.8 gm of protein per Kg of her/his body weight, according to the most reputed nutrition organizations.
- Bananas are low in protein; a medium-sized banana gives just around 1,3 grams of protein.
- But the quality of protein in a banana is more important than the quantity of the banana.
Health Benefits of Bananas
Good for your Heart
- heart disease is the world most basic reason for death.
- Bananas are high in potassium, potassium is crucial for the proper function of the heart and kidneys.
- Potassium carries a small electrical charge that causes nerve cells to send out signals for the heart to beat regularly and muscles to contract.
- if you add bananas to your diet, you raise your chances for a healthy heart.
Prevent from Kidney Stone
- Prevention is always better than treatment.
- Eating foods and meals rich in potassium helps prevent kidney stones from forming.
- One medium banana (around 118 grams) contains 422 milligrams of potassium or 12% of the recommended daily dietary allowance.
Perfect for an Active Lifestyle
- Have you ever attended a marathon? If yes, then you saw an Athlete grabbing a banana and eating it on the way.
- Bananas are full of natural sugars that our body easily digests, which makes them a perfect pre-workout snack.
- Banana is also used for bodybuilding, Many Bodybuilder uses it in pre workout or post workout and in smoothie or shakes.