Why do weight loss diets mostly fail? They fail because we focus too much on diet and forget about lifestyle changes.
To continue the results, we have to adopt a weight loss diet in our lifestyle which suits our needs.
Creating a healthy lifestyle instead of switching from one Diet to another is a better way to lose those extra pounds.
When people start a weight loss diet, they feel that they will give up their favorite food, but this does not happen. When you are on a diet, you feel more inclined to eat your favorite food, but your diet stops you. And do you know how it feels? Miserable.
That’s why two out of five-person stop within the first 7 days! Only one of those five continue for more than a month.
In this article, you’ll see 10 reasons why most weight loss diets fail and how to fix them.
Find out why you started and why you want to continue. Is it to lose or gain weight? want to get in a fit shape?
First, Set a primary goal, then divide it into small goals. Dividing into small goals helps you to improve focus on your main goal.
Let me give you an example, you have a reunion party after 2 months. Currently, your belly is big and you want to get in good shape in less than 2 months. So, your primary goal is to get in a good shape.
You can’t expect all of your eating habits to change overnight. First, you have to make small changes, for example, Cut the soda, you can lose up to 20 pounds in 6 months if you consume 20 oz every day!
Don’t make your new diet too strict and restrictive. Eating something once in a while is good! For example, if your favorite food is ice cream, eat a suitable serving one or two times a week to reward yourself for sticking to your new changes.
Don’t expect to lose weight right away.
Many people say that they will start their diet on a Monday or after the holidays. It’s a postponement, if it’s important to you, get started today!
Do not think that you will lose weight in a short time. It will only frustrate you if you do not see the results within the scheduled time.
Switching from one diet to another, if you didn’t get any results or lose weight without any end goal is not the right way to do it.
Your body needs a constant supply of glucose to boost your metabolism and provide energy to your brain and body. Strict diets deprive your body of this glucose. It is very unhealthy and dangerous for you!
Make sure you have consumed enough protein during the day, especially in the morning. Also, try not to eat for 2 hours before going to bed.
There are many types of weight loss diets in the world, so dieters are distracted from the brilliant end goals result promised by these diets.
With this fast weight loss diet, people lose weight at first, but the pressure will return after the diet period is over. If it’s not a lifestyle, you won’t be on a fast weight loss diet. Find the best diet that works for you and stick to it.
Many new diets include recommended pills or shakes in addition to their healthy eating habits. These are temporary solutions that may not last long. Once it stops, the weight will drop or stop, and the pounds are likely to come back.
With all diets, people don’t know which one is right for them. We tend to forget that the most important things are portion control, healthy eating, and physical activity.
People think that eating fat is always wrong. Studies have shown that eating more fat with fewer carbohydrates increases metabolism and leads to weight loss. Fat fills you up. However, it will help if you choose healthy fats like walnuts, omega-3s, and avocados.
I suggest you read our article. Everything You Need to Know About Keto Diet : Beginners Guide
Counting calories can be one of the most frustrating and difficult things for someone.
Don’t focus as much on calorie counting as it does on food content. Think of quality instead of quantity. Will the low-calorie sugar-free gelatin you eat give your body as many nutrients as low-fat yogurt can? The answer is no.
If you don’t eat enough calories, you’ll lose lean muscle, not body fat. This happens because your body goes into starvation mode and retains fat. Losing that lean muscle, popularly known as muscle mass, slows down your metabolism and prevents you from losing those extra pounds.
If you reduce too many calories, your energy will also reduces, and your mobility may be affected.
Eliminate empty calories. Drinking water instead of soda is a great way not only to lose weight but also to improve your overall health.
Avoid sugar as much as possible. If you have a sweet tooth, you will find alternatives such as yogurt or fruit. If you have diabetes, it can also help you better control your blood sugar.
Healthy food costs more than unhealthy food. However, a Harvard study found that healthy eating only costs about $1.50 more per day than the least healthy diets.
Check your local sales newspaper and buy healthy things when they are on sale.
I also suggest you read our article. How to start the fitness workout at home without any equipment
Dieting Is Challenging If No One Around You Is Supporting You. Every time you try to make a lifestyle change, like stop eating fast food for lunch, you get a lot of negative comments from your colleague. It seems like people envy you that you’re going to make a significant change. Always make some distance between the people who demotivates you.
At first, you may lose a lot of weight, but it’s primarily the water weight you’re holding.
Losing too much weight too fast is dangerous for you. It can cause fainting, dizziness, or low blood sugar.
Many people believe that cardiovascular exercise (running or cycling) will bring faster weight loss results. While it helps you burn calories quickly, adding muscle will help people lose weight by boosting their metabolism. Be sure to incorporate strength training into your exercise program.
Remember, it took a while to gain all the weight. So it will take you time to lose it too!
Our metabolism slows down with age. It can start slowing down at age 25 and a decrease between 2% and 4% every year. This is because the muscle mass in your body is decreasing. Always remember that the more muscles you have in your body, the higher the metabolic rate. That’s why you must have heard about bodybuilders who have to eat a lot of protein to stay fit.
Eating small meals throughout the day also helps boost your metabolism. Dividing your meals throughout the day can keep you from getting too hungry.
1. First things first, you have to stick to one diet. Switching from one diet to another, reduces your focus on the primary goal, and sometimes has the opposite effect. Instead of losing weight, changing your diet causes you to gain weight. So take your time to choose the best diet that has a good effect on your body, and stick to it.
2. Measure progress time to time. Monitor your progress 1 month after starting your weight loss diet then again after every 2 months. After monitoring the first time you will get to know that you are losing weight but after some time you may notice that the speed of losing weight is slowing down. Don’t demotivate yourself by your slow pace, look at what you have achieved so far
3. Celebrate your victory. Break your weight loss journey into many small goals, and celebrate each milestone. Celebrating your victory will inspire you to achieve more.
4. Break it down into smaller goals. Dividing your Primary goal into small goals improves your focus, and also motivates you every time you complete a small goal. For example, if your main goal is to lose 15 kg. First, convert your 15 kg goal into a small goal of 5kgs. converting helps you to focus on your main objective and small goals are easily achievable than the primary goals.
5. Plan your meals. Many people do not stick to their diet because it takes time to prepare the right foods. It takes a long time to change eating habits. However, you can plan healthy meals and divide everything into appropriate portions. Take one day off a week to create a complete meal plan. If you have everything ready the day before, you will save yourself a series of excuses for the next day.